| Muhammad Yaseen
How to set up Custom Domain for Power Portals (now Microsoft Power Pages)
To set up a custom domain for Microsoft Power Pages, you need to have an SSL certificate in PFX format, encrypted with TripleDES encryption. You can purchase an SSL certificate from a trusted certificate authority such as GoDaddy or DigiCert.
Once you have your SSL certificate, follow these steps:
- Go to the Power Platform admin center.
- Under Resources, select Power Pages sites.
- Select the site to which you want to add a custom domain.
- Select Manage from the main menu.
- A page opens with details about your site. In the Site Details section, select Connect Custom Domain.
- A side panel appears. In the Choose a SSL certificate section, select Upload a new certificate.
- Click the Upload certificate button and select your PFX file.
- Enter a password for your certificate and click OK.
- In the Choose a hostname section, enter your custom domain name.
- Click Save.
Once you have saved your changes, it may take some time for the DNS changes to propagate. Once the changes have propagated, you can access your Power Pages site using your custom domain name.
Requirements for SSL certificates
The SSL certificate must meet all the following requirements:
- Signed by a trusted certificate authority.
- Exported as a password-protected PFX file.
- PFX file must be encrypted with TripleDES encryption. Power Pages doesn't support AES-256 encryption.
- You can also add multiple custom domains to your Power Pages site.
- If you need to change your custom domain name, you can do so by following the steps above and selecting Change current custom domain name instead of Connect Custom Domain.
Setting up a custom domain for your Microsoft Power Pages site is a quick and easy way to improve the branding and professionalism of your online presence. By following the steps in this article, you can have your custom domain up and running in no time.
If you need help setting up your custom domain or configuring your Power Pages site, please contact Imperium Dynamics. We are a leading Microsoft Power Pages consultancy firm with a proven track record of success. We offer a wide range of services, including custom development, integration, and training.
Contact Imperium Dynamics today to learn more about how we can help you get the most out of Microsoft Power Pages.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.