| Usama Ashraf
How to Create & Configure Views in Model Driven App
Steps of Creating a View:
- After clicking on +New view this below screen will open then input the View name and description and click on Create button.
- After that your desired view created and look like this:
- Now in this screen you can Drag n Drop your columns in a view form left pane to middle pane or click on View column button to search and add the columns in that view.
- After adding columns in a view, you can Sort your view with filter that applying on any one column.
- You can add more filters in the view with the help of Edit Filters option on right pane.
- Once you create a view as per your requirements, now you need to validate with “Validate” button and save that view with “Save” button on right side of the command bar.
- Now if you want to add your view in your Model Driven app and you want that your user uses that view then Publish that view with “Publish” button.
- After Publish the view, users can access and use it as per their requirements.
Similarly you can configured more Customized view as per your Project or Product requirements and use it in your systems.
Views are also used when you add a Sub-grid in main forms. You can apply the filter on records of the sub-grid with the help of your desired customized created view. But remember one thing views can be access and use once you Publish them.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.