| Usama Ashraf
How to Create Tables in Microsoft Dataverse:
In this Blog, we will learn how to create a Table in Dataverse and then customize their components like columns, views, relationships and forms.
We will discuss and learn about how to:
- Create a Custom Table
- Add custom columns to your table
- Add a table relationship
- Customize a view
- Customize a form
For this Blog, we will discuss an example of Pet Selling Company who takes cares the pets then sell out to their clients.
- Create a Custom Table:
- Sign in to make.powerapps.com and select your environment.
- Now go to side navigation and expand a Dataverse and click on Tables.
- Now click on “New Table and a new form open on Right side.
- Now input you display table name Pets in Display name field and Plural name will auto populate from display name.
- If you want to enable attachments then check the checkbox of Enable Attachments.
- Even if you want to add some advance settings in your table and expand the Advanced Options and select advance options as per your requirements.
- Now click on Save button on bottom of the form and your table is created in Dataverse.
- Add and Customize Columns of the Table:
Now come back on tables then select and open your created table form the list.
- Click on Columns in Schema section or Expand dropdown of New on top left and select Columns
- Now a new screen open which display all Custom columns of your table because default type of table is Standard.
- If you want to add new column in your table then click on New Column on top left of the screen.
- Now a popup open on right side of the screen which contains Column creation fields
- Input your Display name of the column i.e. Species
- Select your Data type: Choice
- If you select Choice as a data type then following fields will display:
- Sync with global choice?
- Yes (by default set because you can use it in multiple tables)
- No (only creates local choice which can be used in one table only)
- Sync this choice with (this open opens a list of columns in which you can connect your choice
- Below Sync this choice, a button display with a name +New Choice
- If you click on this then a new screen open in which you can add your choices
- Now another field display called Default Choice in which None selected by default and you can add you default choice to display in this column for the user
- Select format which is by default Text
- Also select Behavior either the data of this column is calculated or simple
- Select from required either the data of the column is optional, Business recommended or Business required.
- Check the Searchable checkbox
- Click on Save
Now newly create column start to display in your Table. With this way you can add multiple columns in your tables with different data types and handle your data accordingly. Also you can use some standard columns in your custom table with updated names.
Now we will discuss three more points of customization in next Blog…
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.