| Usama Ashraf
How to Configure Forms in Model Driven App
Components of the Form:
In the Components tab there are the following components are showing in more different tabs:
In this tab most popular components are showing that usually used in the forms.
This tab display the components related to UI of the form, how your form will look like, how many columns that you want to show in your forms, etc.
This tab specifically shows the two types of Grids: Editable Sub-grid and Sub-grid to show related records in a form.
Display tab contains the components related to more display components in a form like Canvas App, timeline section, Quick view, website, etc.
This tab specifically show the components related to the input function that takes from the end user. Like checkbox, number input, toggle, etc.
This tab contains the media related components.
- AI Builder
This tab specifically contains the business card reader only.
- Power BI
This only shows the Power BI report that you want to show in your form.
How to Add Components in a Form:
You can add components in the form with the help of the Component button on the command bar. Once you clicked on the Components button then all Components will display on left side of the form.
- On the left side you can see multiple components with some most popular components in a Popular tab.
- Right now I am using a sub-grid component in this form, so will discuss about that.
- When you select the Sub-grid component then this popup will display with some details related to that sub-grid.
- Make sure one thing, when you adding a sub-grid in your form, your table relationship should be created with another table that you want to use with that table.
- Now select the checkbox Show Related records and then select the table field that you want to related records in a sub-grid. Right now I am using Enrollments (Student) field which is a lookup field in Enrollment table.
- After that you can the Default view for that Sub-grid, right now I am using Active Enrollments in the Default view. You can add any other view as well that you want to show in a sub-grid.
- Also you can add multiple views in a single sub-grid with +Add View button below the Default view dropdown.
In this above blog we discussed about how many components are there and used a sub-grid component in a form. How can we modify the Properties of sub-grid will discuss in a next Blog.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.