| Aqsa Nabi
Dynamics 365 Marketing – Create Emails Marketing Emails
The Email Marketing is great tool to send custom email to the group of contacts or segments using the Customer Journeys. In this blog, we will learn how to create Emails for using them in Customer Journeys to target segmented audience.
Login to the Dynamics 365 Marketing instance and follow the steps mentioned below to create an email.
Step by Step Guide
- Navigate to the ‘Outbound Marketing’ area in the Marketing app and click to ‘Marketing Emails’ under the ‘Marketing execution’ group.
- Click ‘New’ on the command bar to create a new email. You can use one of the available templates, which won’t require much of your effort. But if you need to build one from scratch then click ‘Skip’ on the pop-up Template form.
- The screen has a blank Canvas, where you can now add multiple components. Click ‘Add Subject’ to add a subject of the Email. The system shows a left navigation called ‘Email Header’ where you require providing the ‘Subject’ of the email.
- Now, click somewhere around the ‘Add element here’ area to add components.
- The screen has now a list of components, and you can add as per your need. Starting from the basic, click ‘Text’
from the ‘Elements’ navigation.
- The system adds the Text to the Canvas, so click on the box added on the Canvas and type the text in it. If you want, you can change the text to section or column type display with the ‘Text’ drop-down menu on the text box.
- To copy the text box, click the ‘Clone’ icon on the text box.
- To save the text box for later use, click the ‘Save Content Block’ icon to save it and use it for the other emails.
- To personalize the email, select ‘Personalization’ from the options above and select ‘Dynamic Content’. Now select the entity from which you want to add the dynamic content. To add the static content, select ‘Static Content’ and choose the entity below.
- To add an image, drag and drop the ‘Image’ component from the Elements in the navigation. Upload the image from the device or OneDrive.
- To add a URL link, add the ‘Button’ element from the navigation and then provide the URL in the fields that the receiver should open with the button click.
- To add a video, drag and drop the video component in the canvas and then upload the video from the device or OneDrive.
- To add a Divider to the email, drag and drop the element into the canvas and set it as required, place it between the text that you want to divide.
- To add a code to your email, drag and drop the Code element into the canvas area. Then provide the code in the ‘Edit Code’ area that the system would add in the email.
- To add a QR code to your email, drag and drop the element in the Canvas and the from the ‘Event’ lookup, add the event record whose Event Registration ID can be embedded within the email. So when the people receive the email, they have their event registration ID as the system ties the Registration ID with the user for their seamless registration to the event with the QR Code.
No save the draft and to test it, click ‘Test Send’ that will allow you to get the email and see for yourself. And then once you are satisfied with the email body, click ‘Go Live’ to use the email in Customer Journeys!
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.