| Hammad Hussain
Dataverse Search in Dynamics 365
Dataverse Search, previously known as 'relevance search', is the global search box at the top center bar of the app that allows you to type a keyword and show relevant results. It rapidly conveys thorough outcomes across various tables and files in a single search, arranged by relevance.
With the use of Dataverse search, clients can query numerous tables, and files simultaneously. It finds matches to any word you search for in tables, columns, notes, documents, plain text, JSON file and other file formats.
It additionally applies AI to decipher incorrect spellings, normal abbreviations, and synonyms to deliver quality outcomes.
How to Enable Dataverse Search in Dynamics 365?
First of all, make sure that 2021 Wave 2 Updates is enabled on your environment. Dataverse search is by default enabled for production environments and for any other type of environment, it can be turned on or off according to the user’s need.
Follow the steps below to enable Dataverse Search in the environment:
- From your environment, go to Settings – Admin Center – Select your environment where you want to enable Dataverse Search.
- Go to Settings – under Products – select Features.
- In the Features, turn on Dataverse Search, then scroll down and save the settings.
Now that Dataverse Search is enabled for the environment, next step is to choose the tables and columns for the search.
How to Select Entities and Columns for Dataverse Search?
In order to specify entities and columns for search, follow these steps:
- In the App Maker, go to Solutions and open the solution where all the entities are that you want Dataverse search enabled for.
- Open that particular solution and click on Overview from the left navigation.
- Click on Manage search Indexes to see to list of entities and number of columns included for the search.
- Columns for Dataverse Search are dependent on Quick View of the entity, the columns that are added in the Find by area for that Quick View are used in Dataverse Search.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.