| Anas Arshad
Business Process Flow
Business Process Flow is a tool that provides users with visual presentations of these business processes. As a feature of D365 CRM, business process flow helps users understand the different stages associated with the business processes. Moreover, it helps user understand essential information captured in a stage component. In D365 BPF, the stage contains various steps where data can be inserted. So, the BPF gives you visibility into every phase of the process.
How to Enable a Business Process Flow?
It is critical for a business to enable a business process flow to authorized users only. If you allow all users to have access to your BPF, it is a security-based issue. So, you will have to enable the privileges of the process flow only for the security groups that need access to it.
Here’s how you can give a security role access to a business process flow:
- Go to Settings >> Security >> Security Roles
- Choose a security role you want to enable your business process in (for example, if you need to enable a process flow for the users in the Stakeholder role, you can choose “Stakeholder”).
- Click the “Business Process Flows” tab. For example, you can see Security Role Enabled Business Process Flow (you can see which security roles are accessible to the users in this role).
- Give the security role business unit or complete organization access.
- Click “Save” and close.
Creating Business Process Flow (BPF)
To create Business Process Flow (BPF) in Dynamics 365, navigate to Settings > Processes > New.
- Click on New button to create new Process in Dynamics 365.
- Select Business Process Flow.
- Enter Process name.
- Select Entity from the drop-down list.
- Click on Ok button.
The new process is created, and the business process flow designer opens with a single stage already created for you. Now, the Business Process Flow Designer screen open and it is having different tools and options to setup Process Flow in Dynamics 365.
- Click on +Add button to add Stage, Condition, Data Step, Workflow and Action step to your business process.
- To set the properties for a stage, click the stage, and then set the properties in the Properties tab on the right side of the screen:
- Enter a display name.
- Select Category.
- Select Entity Name.
- To add Steps to a Stage, Drag the Step component to the stage from the Components tab.
- To add a branching condition, Drag the Condition component from the Components tab to a + sign between two stages.
- Click on Save button in the action bar and Activate the processes.
The drag-and-drop feature in the design area makes the D365 BPF simple for those with limited development skills. Apart from that, it consumes less time and increases efficiency, reduces training costs, and boosts user adoption rates.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.