| Syed Muneeb
Build Dashboards in Power BI
To build a dashboard in Power BI, you can follow these steps:
- Open Power BI and click on the "Dashboards" tab in the left navigation menu.
- Click the "Create dashboard" button to create a new dashboard.
- Name your dashboard and click "Create."
- To add a visual to your dashboard, click the "Add tile" button and select the type of visual you want to add. You can add a variety of visualizations such as bar charts, line charts, and scatter plots.
- Use the "Fields" pane on the right side of the screen to select the data you want to display in your visual. You can also use the formatting options in the "Format" pane to customize the appearance of your visual.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add additional visuals to your dashboard.
- Use the "Layout" pane to arrange your visuals and customize the layout of your dashboard.
- Click the "Save" button to save your dashboard.
You can also use the "Power BI Desktop" application to build more complex dashboards with multiple pages and interactive features. This application allows you to connect to a wide range of data sources and perform data transformations before creating your dashboard.
Embed dashboard in Power apps
You can embed Power BI dashboards and reports into a Power Apps canvas app using the "Power BI tiles" control. This control allows you to display a Power BI dashboard or report directly within your canvas app, providing a seamless integration between the two platforms.
To embed a Power BI dashboard or report in a Power Apps canvas app, follow these steps:
- Open the Power Apps canvas app in which you want to embed the Power BI dashboard or report.
- On the Insert tab in the ribbon, click the "Power BI tiles" control in the "Charts" group.
- A new "Power BI tiles" control will be added to the app.
- In the properties pane, select the "Configure dashboard tiles" option.
- In the "Power BI tiles" configuration window, select the dashboard or report that you want to embed from the list of available dashboards and reports.
- Click "Save" to save the configuration and close the window.
Your Power BI dashboard or report will now be embedded in the canvas app and will be displayed within the "Power BI tiles" control. You can further customize the appearance and behavior of the control using the available properties in the properties pane.
Note: To use the "Power BI tiles" control, you must have a Power BI Pro license and the Power BI service must be
configured to allow embedding. You also need to have the necessary permissions to access the Power BI dashboard or
report that you want to embed.
You can also show dashboards related to Model Driven app of each entity in the views. Ribbons have a Power BI dashboard view option where you can pre-select data for dashboards or can customize dashboards as per requirements.
Join us next time, as we continue our journey of learning canvas apps.Click here to learn more about Imperium's Power Apps Services. We hope this information was useful, and we look forward to sharing more insights into the Power Platform world.